Journey for the New Story
July 31, 5 pm – August 3, 12 pm, Ashland Community Center, 59 Winburn Way, Ashland, Oregon
Social Artistry, created by human potential leader Jean Houston, is a model for leadership that builds capacities for global change. We need a new story for our world and ourselves to meet the many challenges of these times. To journey for the new story is “to travel to our edges, there to fall off the known world and bring back news from the unknown,” as Jean says.
Social Artistry asks that you engage ALL the possibilities within yourself and within the world. The journey of a Social Artist is one of exploring and experiencing the mind-body continuum. In this introduction you will experience the fundamentals of Social Artistry, with special attention to developing a new life narrative.
This introduction will be taught by Social Artistry Trainers Sophia Bowie-McCoy, Joyce McNamara, and Lisa Nelson, who each have more than ten years experience studying with Jean Houston and delivering Social Artistry programs and training in the United States, Guatemala, and Nepal.
Take this opportunity to:
• Dare to step away from daily routines and responsibilities to get to know yourself in a new way
• Discover a new story through your own voice
• Feel your senses to be more alive than ever
• Learn to shift among inner cultures and those at home, at work, and in all your communities
• Discover or reconsider your place in the world from the perspective of this stage in your life
• Return to your indigenous soul to reinhabit your place on the Earth and your heart to heart connection to others in community
Cost: $150 in advance, $175 at the door.
Download the registration form here: Summer2014Registration
For more information, call Lisa Nelson at 909/563-0160.
Save 10%: Join the “Friends of Social Artistry” and receive discounts on these and other Social Artistry events.